786

So having had a serious bout of writer's block, my friends Remi and Samme finally got me motivated to attack the last four chapters of the youth novel, Figmentasia: The Quest for Truth.

"Just keep writing - write anything, but write something," Remi said to me.  I remembered that my initial target was to write a minimum of 786 words every other day.  If I did this then I could have a complete first draft done in no time. And so on Tuesday, I sat at the computer, allocated an hour and said to myself I would write.  The plot points were mapped out, all I had to do was write.

Fear of writing a chapter that had to have both a lot of character development, and also magic training had taken over me.  As Samme pointed out, I'd come too far not to finish now.  So here I am - writing again and trying to find my rhythm again.  If there's any advice I would pass on to someone who is starting out on their first novel like me, then it would be to do just that.  Keep writing, even if its crap, something will come out of it, and if it is a bunch of horseshit, you can go back in and correct it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quest two complete

Style and voice

Starting the writing of my first novel